Our business practice takes many forms, because so do our client’s workplaces. We represent both for profit and non-profit companies ranging in size from “mom and pop” to complex multinational enterprises. Whether you’re starting from scratch or need help along the way, we’re here for you.
Here are a few examples of how we can help you:
- Business formation—whether you’re a small business or a big business, we can help you choose the right entity for your needs and form your corporation, LLC, partnership, or other entity.
- Intellectual property—our firm specializes in providing an intellectual property strategy for businesses, including registering for trademark and/or copyright protection, as well as arranging licensing transactions.
- Contracts—we can help you with any kind of operational contract that your business might need.
- Employment—having employees in California can be tricky. We can draft employee contracts, employee handbooks, independent contractor agreements, termination agreements, and advise you on general employment issues.
- Litigation—no one wants to end up in court, but if you do, you’re going to want to be represented by someone you trust. Our civil litigation experience includes commercial litigation, construction litigation, insurance, and alternative dispute resolution.
- Nonprofits—we proudly represent many nonprofits in the Napa Valley and beyond, in all of the practice areas already listed. We have experience setting up 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations, and we will happily counsel and advise you along the way.
Our partner Mary Luros also writes a business law column for the Napa Valley Register—take a look at the topics she’s covered by clicking on the “Blog” link above!